- Suede upper
- Easy hook-and-loop closure comes on and off quickly and gets the fit just right
- Contoured EVA footbed supports your arch to keep your foot happy
- Nylon shank stabilizes and supports your foot on uneven terrain
- Rugged Durabrasion Rubber™ outsole stands up to abuse and supplies great traction
We recommend using an antimicrobial soap and warm water and hand washing your sandals thoroughly. Please, do not machine wash them. To remove dirt or other build up from the grooves in the top soles or out soles, try using a soft bristled brush, such as a dish brush or old toothbrush, to gently scrub away any debris. You can carefully bend the shoes to open up the grooves and allow for water to clean deeper.
If you wash the shoes and still find that an odor persists, you can try some of these methods as well:
- Mix one (1) cup of Listerine (or any other antibacterial mouth wash) with two (2) cups of water. Soak the sandals for 15 minutes, then scrub with a soft bristled crush. Let air dry.
- Submerge the sandals in a chlorinated pool or hot tub for 15 to 20 minutes, then scrub with a soft bristled brush and rinse in clean water. Let air dry.
- Place clean and dry sandals in a sealing plastic bag, place in the freezer, and allow to freeze overnight.
- Sprinkle a layer of baking soda on the foot bed and allow the sandals to sit for 8 – 24 hours. You can try strengthening the odor-neutralizing effect by tying the sandals in plastic bag after coating them with baking soda.
Some of our sandals are treated with (triclosan free) Microban zinc to reduce bacterial growth. This product is most effective when it is occasionally exposed to sunlight. 15 minutes of exposure should be sufficient– longer exposure could cause damage to the sandal.
For our leather sandals, we suggest using a nubuck leather cleaner. This can eliminate odor and cleanse the leather without damaging the material or destroying the unique look of the product.
To clean just the top sole of the your leather sandals, carefully scrub with a mild, antibacterial soap and rinse well with clean water. Avoid getting soap on the leather as much as possible. Allow the sandals to dry in an open, well ventilated area, away from direct sunlight.
We recommend washing your sandals every two to four weeks, depending on use.